Rummy nose Tetra death's

freak78

For some reason I've lost 2 rummy nose tetra's and 2 Cory cat's within the last month. These are the first death's since I started my tank. None of my water paramater's have changed. I'm confused?

jglove276

Has there been any changes like decorations or different chemicals used. also what kind of test kit are you using and how old is it.

LyndaB

Rummies prefer to be a in a much larger school. They get stressed very easily if the school is low in number.

I see you use test strips. These are not at all accurate. Either pick up the API master kit (liquid) or get your water tested at a local fish store. Please ask them to give you the exact numbers, if you choose that route.

Were the fish symptomatic at all?

How are your neons? They carry neon tetra disease which can spread to other species.

freak78

I have the API master test kit. The neon's are doing really good. There has been no new plant's added to the tank.

allibobs

I have rummy nose Tetra's and if ANYTHING goes even the slightest less than perfect in my tank I will loose a few of them. The are super sensitive, My LFS recently got a shipment of 40 and lost all but 4 which got white spot, I own the 4 now and they are doing great.

Mike19

allibobs said:
I have rummy nose Tetra's and if ANYTHING goes even the slightest less than perfect in my tank I will loose a few of them. The are super sensitive, My LFS recently got a shipment of 40 and lost all but 4 which got white spot, I own the 4 now and they are doing great.
Sounds like your LFS did not quarantine the fish, although with this day and age, I doubt any do. lol

allibobs

Mike19 said:
Sounds like your LFS did not quarantine the fish, although with this day and age, I doubt any do. lol
Yeah they did that's when they lost the 36 and 4 got white spot. He had ordered a shipment in for me and I got the 4 that were left.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom