Rummy nose rookie

Poorboy
Just grabbed a dozen rummy nose tetras from my lfs. Any fans out there that can tell me what to expect? Heard they were the best as far as schooling goes.

Teleost
They're great fish. I don't know that that school better than any other fish, but they're hardy and attractive.

What's not to like?

ricmcc
For once, I agree with a LFS, and not just because they are my favourite tetra, but when kept in groups of about 10 or more, they school in the manner of a precision drill team.
They will happily live in other conditions, but I think display best in rather soft, acidic water.
If you keep them to their liking, you will end up with a basically self-sustaining, growing group--I don't mean keeping them fed, but rather mean that the original 12 I stocked in a large, Amazon water chemistry tank are now about 25, of varying sizes---they are great fish, IMO, tho I may be somewhat biased toward them..----rick

Poorboy
Since I've acclimated them, they've been free for about 30 mins and they are very nice to look at. The schooling is very uniform rick. Funny how they all follow each other and sometimes that turns into a rummy nose tornado like a cat chasing its tail lol

Poorboy
And my gbr's don't seem to mind them

peacemaker92
Congrats on your new fishes! Hope to see some photos of them and their uniform schooling soon

Latest threads

Top Bottom