Rummy nose question

freak78

My smallest rummynose looks like it's being bullied by the other 5 larger ones. It's tail fin has been chewed off. Is there any way I could stop this or are they gonna just hassel him till he's dead?

Meenu

Are you sure it is the rummies and not the tigers?

Overcrowding can cause aggression, or not enough fish in a school... this is just a guess, but since your tank is tall and there isn't as much horizontal swim space, could your fish be feeling overcrowded?

freak78

Who ever the culprit is it seem's to be happening at night. The tiger's are usually on the opposite side of the tank as the other's. Look's like it might have a few mark's on it's side also.

harpua2002

freak78

Been watching my tank most of the morning and the culprit is my biggest male cherry barb. He is attacking that little tetra constantly. The other tetra's don't even want that little guy to school with him. I think the little fellow is doomed.

Meenu

Is it possible to rehome the bully?

freak78

I have no other tank. It's losing more fin's too.

Meenu

My concern is that if he's a bully, will he just pick another victI'm once he kills this one?

freak78

Well this tetra is really small, about a half inch smaller than the others. It was always a loner. The other's don't want nothing to do with it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom