Rummy Nose Question

zebbynpengi
I want to move my Rummy Nose to a 30 gallon breeder tank. My tank is 36 in L x 18 in wide x 12.5 in tall, is this ok for them?

There are no other fish, only 17 Rummy Nose. I would use the same water and media that is in their tank now so the water quality is good. All my rummies have red noses. The tank would be cycled.

Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 7, PH 7.5, temp 81

My 30 g is not being used right now. I just want to use a smaller tank that is not tall. I wanted to use a wider tank.

Ziabis
First off Welcome to the Forum Zebby... I personally don't see an issue, what size tank are they in now? Are you moving them from a Larger tank to a smaller one?

zebbynpengi
Yes their tank is bigger now. I think they have a. 35 g tank. The tank that they are in now is so tall and narrow. I do not have much room to get my hands in for cleaning. My breeder is wide and much shorter.

LyndaB
That should be fine for a school of rummies.

May I ask what test kit you're using? A nitrate reading of 7 is quite odd.

zebbynpengi
I am using API drop test kits. My nitrates are never high. I do 50% weekly WC

My tap water has 0 nitrates

LyndaB
Perhaps your API kit cards are different from mine. I would have a choice of 5, 10 and so on, no 7, for nitrates.

zebbynpengi
My cards are the same as yours. My nitrate reads lower than a 10 but higher than a 5, so chose to write a 7 just a close guess

LyndaB
Oh, you're better off estimating up. It will offer more solid information for those trying to help you, and there will be less confusion. And well, there is no 7 so stop it or I'll take away your birthday. LOL

zebbynpengi
I will remember that thanks.
I have had my rummies for almost one year now and never lost any yet.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom