Rummy Got Stuck Between Breeder Box And Glass

Initiate

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I put the breeder box in today, there's a betta in it for now. I was gone all day came back in the afternoon, all fine. And then come up to go to bed and it's stuck.

It's alive I got it into a net that is sitting in the water but it's belly up. Swim Bladder Issue???

Should I euthanise or see how it is in the morning?

THANKS

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
tetratetris said:
I know this is stupid but Ive had to euthinise 2 neons and I just bring out the sharpest knife. Maybe not the best way...
Just decapitate and then take something like a straw or wire and scramble the brain and brain stem as fast and best you can, as they can feel pain and still live for a bit as a head. Just so you know.

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
FriarThomasIII said:
Just decapitate and then take something like a straw or wire and scramble the brain and brain stem as fast and best you can, as they can feel pain and still live for a bit as a head. Just so you know.
Ooufff, that's a tough way to stomach. If I ever have to do a euthanasia I would do the vodka or oil. I just am to squeamish for all that lol.

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ms rose said:
Ooufff, that's a tough way to stomach. If I ever have to do a euthanasia I would do the vodka or oil. I just am to squeamish for all that lol.
It wasn't that bad of an experience to be honest. Also can't by clove oil or vodka lol

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
FriarThomasIII said:
It wasn't that bad of an experience to be honest. Also can't by clove oil or vodka lol.
You must be a fisherman or just much stronger them me, and yes oil it is lol

Oh I c your under age lol well in this case I suppose doing it that way is your only option

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
oooof, my stomach is in pain from this! I could never do such a thing. I haven't euthanize a fish yet but would always use clove oil!

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ms rose said:
You must be a fisherman or just much stronger them me, and yes oil it is lol

Oh I c your under age lol well in this case I suppose doing it that way is your only option
sadly I'll most likely do this to a rosy red minnow, as I won't keep him in my 30 or ten gallon and none of our cichlids can eat him yet.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
When my first fish was looking bad I brought it to closest shop to ask what is wrong with it and if they can help it (before I joined FishLore) and the guy said the fish wont live long and he will get me new one if I let him to feed the fish to his sharks and he did and I came home with new fish. There goes my euthanasia.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Look! I was searching up crested gecko care (even though i have one) and it shows a leopard gecko....
upload_2018-4-24_10-43-31.png
This is why i dont trust you wikihow!

JoeCamaro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'd use both the Vodka and Clove Oil.

I'd have a Vodka with orange juice and then put the fish in the clove oil.

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
When
JoeCamaro said:
I'd use both the Vodka and Clove Oil.

I'd have a Vodka with orange juice and then put the fish in the clove oil.
you are 16 and lacking on funds and don't want the fish to suffer a death via toilet and sewers, knife and toothpick it is

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom