Ruben Is Looking Poorly

Meliodas

Reaction score
So far, cardinal plant start and anubias nano petite, in fore ground, 2 marimo moss balls in back and 3 silk plants. It's a work in progress. Endeavor in front. You'll probably have enlarge to see him better.View attachment 571514
Wow, looks great! He is such a beautiful fish. I really love the pink he has to his fins, pretty pretty boy. He is a king in there with all that room to investigate. Those plants look in tip top shape too. Good choices. It's always a steady work in progress when you're trying to aquascape a tank, especially if you're as indecisive as I am lol. Anytime you add or change some stuff I'd love to see it. I'm a nerd when it comes to designs in tanks

Meliodas

Reaction score
Lots of times plants will "melt" when put into new water. Sometimes they come back, sometimes they don't. Just a guessing game really. If any of it is salvageable, you can try to cut the dead parts and see if it will grow back on its own. And as much light as you want to give them will be fine. I have both and they do fine in my low light tank. I turn them on at 8:00 a.m and off around 11-12 p.m. They should adapt to your water within a week or so and show some improvement in color. If any leaves are browning or dying, just cut them at the base. They will recover just fine and the plant wont try to heal its decaying parts. Keep me posted

Grammywms

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It was totally dead, limp and almost mushy. I pitched it. Think I'll stick with plants that can grow on driftwood for now. I don't want to clear out all gravel, put in substrate and put gravel back in on top. Don't want to disturb anything right now.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom