Rubbernose Pleco

1. A

Anthony DiMezza Member Member

have a rubberlip pleco thats going to by himself after i get rid of my goldies, what kind of fish are good with rubberlip's?

i know it says rubbernose in the forum but i just messed up its a rubber lip and also keep in mind its only a 10 gallon tank

2. Goldiemom

Goldiemom Well Known Member Member

A 10 is pretty small for even a rubberlip. It can get up to 4". If anyway possible, I would upgrade to a 20G long. That being said, I have a bristlenose but they are suppose to be compatible with the same fish. I have one in my goldie tank and one in my tropical tank which houses neon tetras, guppies, and platy's. The tetra's would do great in a 20 long. Hope this helps some.

3. Hunterhusker

Hunterhusker Member Member

I have my rubber lip in a betta sorority with fish from failed tanks as far as I've seen he is the bully and so he wont get hurt. I have a singly cory cat from a failed school that I have given up on. Im 1 for 12 on cories. I also have white cloud minnows and some cherry barbs, and two kuhli loaches. Oh and some amano shrimo.

4. OP
    OP
    A

Anthony DiMezza Member Member

cant you only keep one betta in a tank at a time cause of there aggrestion though?

5. NLindsey921

NLindsey921 Well Known Member Member

Female Bettas can sometimes be kept in groups of 6 or more but specific conditions need to be met.

6. Hunterhusker

Hunterhusker Member Member

No females are less aggressive. Some are more aggressive and so if you set up a sorority be ready to take one back or rehome it. I started with four one git sick and died, but my tank is healthy. Female bettas really make a good tank. They should be in 3+, 4 is great and even more is better.