RS 400 LE light 3 watt

AhmedMagdy

Hi Guys,

I have a 3 watt led lamp 21 led (40cm) multi color , it can be submerged in the water as well (picture attached).

My question is, does this sufficient for low tech planted tank or not.

My tank is 15 gallon.

Thanks.

RayClem

A 3 watt LED light is not a lot of illumination for a 15 gallon tank. I have a 10 gallon tank that has a 26 watt light, but that provides a lot of light for a 10 gallon tank. It would be ideal for a 15 gallon tank. Unless are limit you tank to low light plants like amazon swords, anubias and water ferns, I would recommend a minimum of 15 watts for a 15 gallon tank.

Here is the 26 watt light I have on my 10 gallon tank that I believe would be highly suitable for your 15 gallon tank.

https://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Extendable-Sunrise-Spectrum-Freshwater/dp/B0785QPXHR?th=1

There is also a 36 watt version that you could use if you want even more light. If you ever decide to upgrade to a 20 gallon high tank, the 36 watt version would be better. These lights are fully programmable for color and brightness. Thus, if the light puts out more light than you want, simply reduce the brightness.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
  • Question
Replies
Views
Mightaswell
  • Question
Replies