Royal gramma lost her tail.

llfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey there about a week ago I bought a royal gramma. Very social little fella ate like crazy really healthy. The last two days she was hiding and I moved a rock and found her with her tail gone eeeek. She is alone in a cycled 55 gallon with 2 snails. She must have maybe got knicked by a fan or caught in some rock should I treat her with anything? I can move her to a 10 g for treatment necessary.

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would try to keep the water pristine and feed her the best foods you can for the time being. Can you post all your water parameters too just to rule out any other potential issues?

oscarmk

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
This makes me sad, considering how much I like my royal gramma =(. I would agree with Mike that the best bet is to feed him and keep everything perfect so that he can recover on his own.

llfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Poor girl died shortly after I posted I had done a water check and nitrates were under 5, nitrite, and ammonia were zero and ph was 8.1. I did a water change of 15% anyway. She was getting nls as well as Mysis and brine shrimp. I am concerned it was not the fan because as the hours progressed the tail seemed to be getting shorter right to the stump..possible bacterial infection maybe? Or perhaps it got ripped off in rock or fan with an infection to follow. Like I said we had her maybe 8-10 days and it was only 1 day that I noticed her not eat and the next afternoon found her hiding with no tail The tank had been running for probably 4 months and she was my first fish in there. Poor thing. Pretty bummed and my little guy was crying so sad;( This is my second sl my original 75 gallon is over a year old.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom