Rotala indica root rot?

CoolCoryCatz

I posted earlier in the week that I was having complications with some rotala indica I had just planted (ie they were browning in the leaves) and I checked them today and I noticed the stems on some were brown and mushy so I pulled those up and they had 0 roots. I decided to pull them all up to check and most have some form of white roots but even those ones seem to be struggling. Im floating them until the root tabs come since I’ve already pulled them up. I’m dosing with ferts (Aquino aquarium plant food) and also have fluval stratum but have no root tabs in that area (just ordered seachem root tabs) so maybe that’s it. I’ll attach some photos and please let me know what you think and what I can do to fix this. I can provide more info if needed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 16

NevermindIgnoreMe

I posted earlier in the week that I was having complications with some rotala indica I had just planted (ie they were browning in the leaves) and I checked them today and I noticed the stems on some were brown and mushy so I pulled those up and they had 0 roots. I decided to pull them all up to check and most have some form of white roots but even those ones seem to be struggling. Im floating them until the root tabs come since I’ve already pulled them up. I’m dosing with ferts (Aquino aquarium plant food) and also have fluval stratum but have no root tabs in that area (just ordered seachem root tabs) so maybe that’s it. I’ll attach some photos and please let me know what you think and what I can do to fix this. I can provide more info if needed
If they're new hey could just be adjusting to your parameters and substrate.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MasterPython
Replies
Views
TheAnglerAquarist
Replies
Views
Spudsssy
  • Question