Rotala indica leaves browning

CoolCoryCatz

Got some rotala indica 4 days ago and the leaves are turning brown and somewhat healthy looking leaves are falling off. My water parameters are okay and I dose with aqueous aquarium plant food. My other plants are doing fine. It’s probably (hopefully) just adjusting to the new tank but I wanna get on top of this while I can. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 20

IzabelB

Got some rotala indica 4 days ago and the leaves are turning brown and somewhat healthy looking leaves are falling off. My water parameters are okay and I dose with aqueous aquarium plant food. My other plants are doing fine. It’s probably (hopefully) just adjusting to the new tank but I wanna get on top of this while I can. Thanks!
Are you using nutrient rich substrate or root tabs? What kind of lighting do you use and how long is it on for?

Upvote 0

Nate32

In my experience plants will melt a bit when acclimating to new water. As long as there is healthy new growth they should recover in a a few days to a few weeks. The rotala I got took off after about a week, moneywort took a couple weeks in my setup. I'm no expert though and am currently dealing with some leaf curl issues myself.

Upvote 0

CoolCoryCatz

Are you using nutrient rich substrate or root tabs? What kind of lighting do you use and how long is it on for?
Fluval Stratum with sand on top and some root tabs but I ran out before I got the Rotala. I have nicrew classic LED plus lighting (I think, I’m away from my aquarium atm) and it’s on for 6-8 hours (timer hasn’t arrived yet)

Upvote 0

IzabelB

Fluval Stratum with sand on top and some root tabs but I ran out before I got the Rotala. I have nicrew classic LED plus lighting (I think, I’m away from my aquarium atm) and it’s on for 6-8 hours (timer hasn’t arrived yet)
I would give it some more time to adjust, though I’m also no expert so I’m hoping someone more experienced can jump in here.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MasterPython
  • Question
Replies
Views
Passionfish
Replies
Views
Spudsssy