Rosy Red Minnows

ChristheShark

I recently purchased 15 Rosy Red Minnows from my LFS. They all look well as of now except two of them have died recently unexpectantly. I have no idea what's wrong. Parameters are good and the tank temp is just under 75. Fast moving current with the current filter I have.

Sheryl

I lost 2 of 7 the first few days. They are now in a community tank with other minnow types and similar size fish. Haven't lost any of them, including tank mates since I set up the new tank. Then I bought 14 and put in my 20 gallon barrel pond. Lost 3 over a couple of weeks but all doing great now. I moved one inside to the 20 with the others. All doing great. I do water changes every couple of days on all tanks, including pond. Spitting ceramic frog in pond but no filter. A few snails and plants, a good amount of Anacharis. I brought the other 4 assorted plants in and put them in the one 20 gallon. All seem great. I think you just lose a few Rosies at first...idk. Still sad. I love them as much as all my other fish in all my tanks. They are so cute and ACTIVE!!! Hope you don't lose any more!

ChristheShark

I absolutely adore my Red Rosy Minnows. They are beautiful and so active.

potter

Rosy reds are the cutest! I've a bunch of them in my 40 gallon stock tank. Some are 5 years old. I find that mine does best in not overly strong flow and definitely not as low as a betta. Medium flow is the best. Enjoy them!

Top Bottom