Rosy Red Minnows Skinny And Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

sassymomma

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hey guys. This a QT tank, I was planning on moving these fish to my 38 gallon and we're 2 weeks into QT

I started with 6 Rosy reds, plus 3 that I already had. I have 5 left. Metro was added to the tank and food, for potential parasitical on the fish store's advice.

Am I dealing with a Fish TB? If so, am I best to keep this QT as a minnow tank until I lose them all and then dump the tank?

Each fish that I have lost so far has gotten skinny, wobbled, then died. That's it. I can't test water ATM, my test kit ran out. I am doing water changes about every 5 days and running an aquaclear 3o with carbon, bioballs and sponge loaded in it plus prefilter cut from aquaclear sponge

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm sorry idk, but good thing you QT'd first! Do not share anything between tanks, not even drops of water on your fingers from feeding.

Intestinal parasites (nematodes) cause emaciation. But seeing how they are thin in such a short time, I'd be very careful.

A dewormer like Levamisole treats intestinal worms.

sassymomma

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I don't think I can get Levamisole in Canada...that's why I went Metro+. I'll try prazipro and see if it helps

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I ordered mine from the US. PraziPro won't eradicate intestinal nematodes You would need a dewormer like Levamisole, Fenbenzadole or Flubendazole. I ordered Dr. Tims FishBendazole. I laced fish food with fenben. I think Angelfins sells flubendazole as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

Dream Tank Type?

• Freshwater

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 15 38.5%

Top Bottom