Rosy/Odessa Barbs with Amano and Bamboo Shrimp

JakeMicallef

HI there,

I have just set up a29 gallon planted aquarium after not having an aquarium for 3 years, it was my first real break from tropical aquaria since I was 5!
I remember when I was about 13 having these wonderful shrimp called Bamboo Shrimp which I adored. I was wondering, would Odessa or Rosy Barbs have a pop at the Bamboo Shrimp's little filter hands? Or do you think they'd just ignore the shrimp?
How about amano's? They'd be too big for the Odessa's to bother right?

Thanks, Jake.

Coradee

Welcome to Fishlore hope you get some suggestions today

jinjerJOSH22

HI there,

I have just set up a29 gallon planted aquarium after not having an aquarium for 3 years, it was my first real break from tropical aquaria since I was 5!
I remember when I was about 13 having these wonderful shrimp called Bamboo Shrimp which I adored. I was wondering, would Odessa or Rosy Barbs have a pop at the Bamboo Shrimp's little filter hands? Or do you think they'd just ignore the shrimp?
How about amano's? They'd be too big for the Odessa's to bother right?

Thanks, Jake.
I've not kept Barbs with shrimp and i've not kept these particular Barbs but generally they share a lot of similarity with each other, I can't see them working well, pretty much what you said about the Bamboo Shrimp and although large and less delicate I imagine they would still haras Amano's.

I've kept Tiger Barbs, Gold Barbs, Melon Barbs and Checker Barbs.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MrDankYT
  • Question
Replies
Views
Ghelfaire
Replies
Views
jacob thompson
Replies