rosy barbs with dwarf gourmai Help

Discussion in 'Dwarf Gourami' started by waacck, Apr 8, 2010.

1. waacckNew MemberMember

i have a 150 litre (bout 30 gallon i believe) tank and while waiting for it to cycle i wanted to do some research on tankmates for my 5 rosy barbs. i currently have the 5 who enjoy chasing each other around readily never agressive just seems to be chasing i was wondering if whether introducing a male (or 2) neon dwarf gourmai's would cause trouble the tank is about 1 metre long and has live plants etc so i believe the males should be of with thier own parts of the tank but will the rosy barbs be ok with them? any help woudl be useful

2. AlyeskaGirlFishlore VIPMember

Hello! :;hi2

Only ONE male Gourmai with 1-2 females per tank as the males will bicker. Rosy Barbs grow to approx 4", I would suggest a larger Gourmai like the Blue or Gold Gourmai or large active Tetras.

3. aquariumgirl laurenValued MemberMember

I used to have some rosy barbs and I had them with a two platinum gouramis and they went great together they never bother each other , but I wouldn't recommend getting a dwarf gourami since the rosy barbs will be the same size as the DG. My gouramis were quite a bit larger than my rosy barbs.

4. OP
    OP
    w

waacckNew MemberMember

thanks guys for your help ill be sure to steer clear of the dwarfs then :)

5. aquariumgirl laurenValued MemberMember

Good Luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice