Rosy barbs tankmate

Meatball

Hi, I have 3 rosy barbs in my 55 gallon. I also have 4 black skirt tetras in a quarentine tank, I want to add 2 more Rosys and 3-5 more black skirts, but I'm wondering if they'll get along. These Rosy barbs are extremely active and "demanding" at feeding time. Will the BST be able to hold their own? Thanks so much.

AcornTheBetta

Hi, I have 3 rosy barbs in my 55 gallon. I also have 4 black skirt tetras in a quarentine tank, I want to add 2 more Rosys and 3-5 more black skirts, but I'm wondering if they'll get along. These Rosy barbs are extremely active and "demanding" at feeding time. Will the BST be able to hold their own? Thanks so much.
I would add 4 more of each fish and some gouramis. The BST can hold their own against almost any fish roughly their size.

Upvote 0

Meatball

Thank you Acorn the Betta. I should introduce myself. I have had fish for over 16 years when my grandson and I bought (ignorantly) a small common pleco for our10 gal. The pleco grew, my tank number expanded, and now I have 7 tanks.
10 gallon quarentine
90 gallon where said pleco now resides with a visiting Oscar. (Long story)
55 gallon curantly stocking
40 gallon breeder with 1 red tail shark
20 gallon long with 6 albino cories and 6 cherrie barbs.
10 gallon with a betta.
5 gallon with 2 ADFs
I love the black shirts but lost 6 to an outbreak of ick. Hence, the quarentine tank
Thanks again.

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

Thank you Acorn the Betta. I should introduce myself. I have had fish for over 16 years when my grandson and I bought (ignorantly) a small common pleco for our10 gal. The pleco grew, my tank number expanded, and now I have 7 tanks.
10 gallon quarentine
90 gallon where said pleco now resides with a visiting Oscar. (Long story)
55 gallon curantly stocking
40 gallon breeder with 1 red tail shark
20 gallon long with 6 albino cories and 6 cherrie barbs.
10 gallon with a betta.
5 gallon with 2 ADFs
I love the black shirts but lost 6 to an outbreak of ick. Hence, the quarentine tank
Thanks again.
Your very welcome!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
  • Question
Replies
Views
JettsPapa