Tank: 55 gallon 4ft long
Temp : 77/78f
Filter : ac 110 hob and one airstone
Light : Finnex 24/7 - max setting 10h/day
Planted somewhat

Stock : 1 redtailshark, 6 rosybarb 6 giant danios, 1 mystery snail

Water change : once a week about 30%-40%
Nitrates move around from 20ppm-40ppm

Anyways ive noticed when I feed my fish I feed all at once and I just started feeding once everyday..I used to feed once every 2nd day. But I notice my barbs eat there flakes/bloodworms and start rushing the algae wafer that's supposed to be for the redtailshark and he goes nuts and start chasing one but the other ones come and start eating the wafer and then the shark comes back again takes a couple bites and chases another around.. any way to fix this problem?
Ive been thinking about giving my barbs to the LFS and getting 6 roseline sharks.. would that work with my tank set up?

Heres a link to my recent feeding on youtube so you can see what I mean

Thanks

**sorry about the video being sideways,, dunno why that happened..

Last edited by a moderator:

Plecomaker

Roseline sharks are also large barbs, so there's a strong possibilitythe issue won't change much in my oppinion.

incidentally I have the same issue with my bn plec and my gold barbs.
my advice is todrop 2 on opposite sides of the tank or actually add leafy veggies that they can all pick at.

Tufted

The same exact things happen with my fish except it's Molly/Guppy vs Cories and Pleco. I drop at least 3 algae wafers in there so the rubber lip gets his own and the Cories and other fish share the other one. The snails go after them too

Plecomaker

The same exact things happen with my fish except it's Molly/Guppy vs Cories and Pleco. I drop at least 3 algae wafers in there so the rubber lip gets his own and the Cories and other fish share the other one. The snails go after them too
My shrimp will too

krack499

Ya my mbunas destroy the waffers before my pleco or rts can get them no matter how many I add but the rts has actually started eating their flakes when I feed them

Sent from my SM-G360V using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

daunicorn

With my fish I like to dump a bunch of food at one end, then when the greedy fish are busy snarling down their food and their back is turned I sink wafers near whatever clueless fish has no idea it's feeding time. Have you tried anything like that yet? Worse comes to worse you can always target feed with a turkey blaster, but hopefully you'll solve it before than.

vancityguy

Thanks for the info... I will try to drop 2 wafers at the separate ends of the tank... yeah I'm really interested in the roseline/denison barbs.. I think I might wait till my plants grow big so my fish will have more hiding spots.. also I think ill need another aquaclear 110 to hand all the fish.. according to aquaadvisor stocking site.

But yeah my rosybarbs go nuts when its feeding time !!

Last edited by a moderator:

daunicorn

Thanks for the info... I will try to drop 2 wafers at the separate ends of the tank... yeah I'm really interested in the roseline/denison barbs.. I think I might wait till my plants grow big so my fish will have more hiding spots.. also I think ill need another aquaclear 110 to hand all the fish.. according to aquaadvisor stocking site.

I have no experience with roseline Sharks because of the tank size they need, but I just went googling and pretty much every website I saw (except live aquaria) said that you need at least a hundred gallons for a school of six because they are so incredibly active. On these forums people would ask about keeping them in 50 gallon tanks and people would go nuts telling them no. Kinda makes since considering how fast and active barbs are. Anyways, might want to recheck tank size.

Top Bottom