Rosy barb without heater

ads

Can rosy barbs survive without a heater!!! I kept my 4 rosy barbs without a heater for over 12 hours now they seem to be doing going but what I have noticed is that they are hiding behind the plants (maybe due to new environment) and one more thing is that their colours have lightened a bit. Is it normal???

Crispii

You don't necessarily need a heater for rosy barbs. How long do you have those barbs? If you just got them, give them some time. It's normal for fish to lose their colors once they are in a new environment.

ads

I have had these barbs for 22 days now. The water seems to be cold(as I touch it) but the fish are still active but hide behind the plants

Crispii

I have had these barbs for 22 days now. The water seems to be cold(as I touch it) but the fish are still active but hide behind the plants
How cold is it?

ads

I don’t have a thermometer to measure it at this time. Is there any other way I could tell you???

MilitarySket

You need to get a thermometer, while barbs dont need a heater they do much better in waters between 22-28°C. So if its colder than that, I would recommend getting a heater to ensure their comfortability.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MistaJones
Replies
Views
Books&Fish
Replies
Views
alexk77
Replies
Views