Rosy Barb bubble on tail and Eyes Embossed. Emergency advide reqd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunda

Reactions
Aquarium Details  
Nickname
Sunda.S
Folks,

In the school of 6 of my Rosy Barbs, last week while performing water change I observed that at the tail fin of one of my Rosy, there appears a bubble... like a some boil.....I also have observed that one of its eye is bit embossed. Am scared of my pet. sometimes it is also standing vertical for some couple of minutes. it is active and when I chase with a net it is swimming at good speed as normal fish does. I think, I didn't observed or not able to see him taking food.

What the marks are. Now it is 2 days that my fish got into this problem and the bubble has slightly reduced in the size but eyes are still embossed. For a whole oneday I have kept my pet alone but felt very pity that I have separated it from it's fellow mates and so have left it in the tank with others. Do I still have to separate him...yes I guess it is HE, as it is smaller in the school and have bright look in color which normally all male fishes are (hope I am right)

please advice on the illness and the way to treat my favourite pet.Thanks.

Chief_waterchanger

Well Known
Reactions
Aquarium Details  
Nickname
CWC or chief :)
Gallery
Yes
Occupation
Real-Estate
Do you know of and understand the Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle?
Yes
Aquarium Size
About 160 different tanks right now ranging from 2.5g to 200g
Increase waterchanges to 50% every other day for a week and see if that helps. It sounds like poor water quality.

OP
S

sunda

Reactions
Aquarium Details  
Nickname
Sunda.S
HI Cheif,

Thanks for the comment. Now it is around 10 days and the fish is still like that with eyes embossed and with the same bubble in its tain fin, but the bubble is not so big as it was a week back. The water is so clear as I am doing frequent water change. plese advice. now the fish is also eating a good amount of food. (this morning when I feed them with tubifex worms, dried one, the sick one has caught a bigger piece and swallowed. do I still have to separate it.)

Sunda.S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom