Rose Petal Male- where to put betta fry../Need help finding attractive mate..

christiangrenier

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi, I am very interested in breeding my Rose Petal Betta, Red, but we are not sure where to put betta fry if we breed him. My family and I are looking for a beautiful female Betta to breed him, but cannot find a pretty female. Does anyone know where to sell betta fry and any pretty female betta types (with big tails)?

Thank you,

Christian

Attachments

Vinh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
When it come to betta breeding.It come to Big BIG,and biger you can imaging about responsibility to keep fry alive and all that thing come along with it like time,money and energy.... Ask yourself .Do you have money to buy live food for about 100-150 betta fries? Do you have time to feed then every 4 hrs up to two month long?
Do you have energy to take care of them later with too many ....cup,pot,pan,bow,container,tank...etc for each of them house around your house or your room?
If you can then think about breeding betta. I dare you!

christiangrenier

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hmm... that is a good point. See, I do not know what to do with all of that fry!

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't want to discourage you from breeding bettas but I do think you should be aware of a few things. Before covering the details of rearing the fry you need to look into the ethical parts. A rose petal, rose tail, feather tail etc betta is just a fancy halfmoon who's rays branch excessively. These large, branching fins are very heavy and make swimming difficult for even the females. I strongly suggest you not produce bettas that have overly large fins as it causes many healthy issues leading to a shortened life span. Do some more researching on your own to learn the finer details, the same goes for betta breeding in general. It's harder than most people think when first getting into it.

To answer the original question, look on ebay for bettas. There are loads of options.

christiangrenier

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Okay! He does not seem to have a problem, because he is old (2 or 3 and blows nests), but just drags it... yes found out after we bought him to not buy those.

Thank you,

Christian

MaximumRide14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I agree with checking ebay, you can pm sellers too to ask about the genetic line of the bettas. They can get expensive with shipping (especially if they're from Thailand and you need a transhipper). Quality betta fry can be sold online once they're mature enough, but you'll have to find spots for culls/average looking bettas if you can't keep them. Smaller fish stores may take them, but large chain stores won't.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom