Rose is dead

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
In my parents house. Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Experience
More than 10 years
I came home from school for lunch and found Rose underneath one of the clay pots that is for my coolies. Her fins were all gone. I was treating her for fin rot with bettafix. Why must the beautiful die so young?
Tom

OP
Tom

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That's okay. She had been fighting fin rot sice I got her and she lost the battle after who knows how long. I might go and get another soon since I have all this betta food and no betta. My other fish in the big tanks don't like the food and the ones in the 10 gallon love it. Here is pic of her
You just need to scroll down a little bit.
Tom

LZ Floyd

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about Rose, Tom.  It's always said to hear when a member of someone's family passes on like this.  

Mike

nmwierman1977

Well Known
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about Rose. Maybe she had something internally that you didn't know about and she wasn't showing any signs yet. They don't usually die of fin rot. Fin rot is really just a condition, not really a disease. Natalie

nmwierman1977

Well Known
Reaction score
She most likey caught something from being in those containers for so long and you just didn't know about it. When I bought Royell he looked healthy as can be little did I know he wasn't until 2 1/2 weeks that I had him home. I just wish they were abe to provide them with tanks instead of those containers. They would have a much better chance of survival. Natalie

cherryrose

Well Known
Reaction score
:'( I feel so bad about Rose passing. At least she had a good home with you for the last weeks of her young life.

CherryRose

Neville

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hI tom, I think u should buy a baby betta, i've heard they adjust better than the adult ones.

Neville

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
well, in my country people who want baby bettas go to the fish-store and tell those guys to call them if they find any baby betta, baby bettas r not rare.

Phloxface

Well Known
Reaction score
Tom said:
Do you know where I could get a baby female betta? Are there any common places?
Tom
Petsmart sells very young females. I got mine there and they were only about 5-6 weeks old. Their males are usually 3 months or younger.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am so terribly sorry to hear about the little Rose passing. It is always hard to have a loved fish or pet die and when they are young and so beautiful it seems even harder. I hope you are okay and you have my deepest sympathies.

If I can help at all please let me know. I am so sorry it took me so long that it took me so long to write this to you.

Rose
:'(

voiceless_kat

Well Known
Reaction score
Tom, I am sorry for the loss of your fish. I also wanted you to know that I tried to answer your post, but the forum does not allow it. I live in Northwestern Ontario, about 350 miles East of Wpg. Val

OP
Tom

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
voiceless_kat said:
Tom, I am sorry for the loss of your fish. I also wanted you to know that I tried to answer your post, but the forum does not allow it. I live in Northwestern Ontario, about 350 miles East of Wpg. Val
Ok. Like I said in one of the things, the position of your marker made it look like you were close to Winnipeg.
Tom

OP
Tom

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
chickadee said:
I am so terribly sorry to hear about the little Rose passing. It is always hard to have a loved fish or pet die and when they are young and so beautiful it seems even harder. I hope you are okay and you have my deepest sympathies.

If I can help at all please let me know. I am so sorry it took me so long that it took me so long to write this to you.

Rose
:'(
If you could tell me of a place that sells young female bettas at a resonable price that I can access close to where I live, that would be great.
Tom

New Threads