Rose Gold Bettas At Petco

Freshwater-Freshman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I was in Petco and Petsmart yesterday and since I always look at the Bettas I was pretty stoked to see a whole new display area for more, but then... I saw they had separated 3 colors for that display only.
Opal
Black Orchid
Rose Gold

I immediately thought of the iPhone and said uh oh every girl in America is gonna want one, picked one up and, it looks exactly like a yellow one I have at home, complete with turquoise scales, WHAT. I picked up another one that was just a white cellophane, and another that was a pretty pale yellow. But none that could be considered Rose gold??? Big eye roll

But then I looked at the black orchids, being pretty sure I read that getting 100% black in betta was rare, and these Bettas were mostly black, but were a variety of blue metallic, had white trim on their fins, or were just dark blue. Pretty again, and at least they looked to be on good health.

The next group, no so much. Now 2 weeks ago I took an Opal home, he wasn't the healthiest looking, but I liked his personality and I thought I could fix him up a bit. The opals last night were mostly alright, but one was completely blind, and others were getting there. I think this definitely an issue with the color line, they are small bodied, have large fins and need to rest often, their heads a lot of the time have humps on them, and they all seem to be very likely to go blind early on, even mine I worry about at home.

So uh, just be wary of buying these "new/pretty/exclusive/rare" or whatever the branding is bettas check them out thoroughly!!!

MaximumRide14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
That’s pretty good advice. Pet smart tried to sell me a male half moon, but my betta is honestly more of a delta. A half moon sounds more appealing though, which I guess is why he was advertised that way. Even with the tear, it’s clear he isn’t a half moon. But I’m ok with that, it didn’t even bother me
Image1525660470.099615.jpg
Image1525660501.227774.jpg

Freshwater-Freshman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
MaximumRide14 said:
That’s pretty good advice. Pet smart tried to sell me a male half moon, but my betta is honestly more of a delta. A half moon sounds more appealing though, which I guess is why he was advertised that way. Even with the tear, it’s clear he isn’t a half moon. But I’m ok with that, it didn’t even bother me View attachment 436069View attachment 436070
Halfmoon or delta, he is still very pretty! I love his colors ️

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He's also a dumbo ear and very nice. You can really only tell a halfmoon from a delta when they fully flare. Mine looks like a delta most of the time but when he fully flares , you can see he is a halfmoon. He also came from PetSmart.

MaximumRide14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Dch48 said:
He's also a dumbo ear and very nice. You can really only tell a halfmoon from a delta when they fully flare. Mine looks like a delta most of the time but when he fully flares , you can see he is a halfmoon. He also came from PetSmart.
He never actually seems to flare, however when I sometimes catch him doing it, it is never enough to be considered a half moon though. And even though he isn’t flaring, the base of the tail doesn’t seem wide enough for a half moon

MaximumRide14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Dch48 said:
He never actually seems to flare, however when I sometimes catch him doing it, it is never enough to be considered a half moon though. And even though he isn’t flaring, the base of the tail doesn’t seem wide enough for a half moon

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom