Ropefish Question

SilverLoachRam

HI all, I had some questions about some ropefish I'm looking at getting.

I have a fully cycled and now recently pretty heavily planted 75 gallon tank. Until today I had two almost full grown african butterfly fish for about a week now. Today one of my LFS got in 5 senegal bichir and two african bush/leaf fish. I jumped at the opportunity and got 2 of the Senegal's (they're about 2-2.5 inches long, very small) and the two leaf fish (ones the size of a quarter the other around the size of a half dollar). I got these and didnt wait for larger ones because my LFS and even Petco/Petsmart in my area NEVER get bichir or leaf fish even though "dinosaur" bichir are commonly sold to people from chain stores.

My LFS and the chain stores all get in some ropefish around every 2-3 weeks depending on how they sold last time. I have never seen the ropefish at any of the stores come in at less than 10 inches or so. Obviously, at around 10 inches that have pretty large mouths. I feel like they would be very tempted to try to catch a taste of my new friends. My LFS said they'd have some ropefish in this time next week. I asked if they could get some smaller ones and they said they could try but they couldn't guarantee.

My question is, do you think that I should just let me Senegal's and leaf fish grow until they won't get eaten? They're all very small. Say however that the LFS gets 4-6 inch rope fish in. Do you think those would still be to large to get right now?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Coradee

Giving this a bump up for you hope our members can help you today

SilverLoachRam

Giving this a bump up for you hope our members can help you today

Thanks.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Joshuaharestad
Replies
Views