Ropefish care, diet, tank proofing etc?

Dillan Murphy

Will a ropefish eat freeze dried foods like shrimp or bloodworms?

tapwater

Honestly not sure, but I personally would try to avoid freeze dried foods and instead go with frozen foods if possible. They’d probably eat freeze dried, but imo try getting frozen and let it thaw out.

RandomFishBoi

They are real scavengers in the wild, and will eat pretty much any meaty foods they can find. I wouldn't be surprised if they will eat freeze dried, but I would do frozen food instead.

Spudsssy

Long term it's easiest to mix your own food using protein source, pellets and gelatin to bind them. cut them into small squares and freeze them.

I changed protein each batch... Frozen shrimp, liver, bloodworms....

I also had small wormery in back garden.... Live worms was for sure their favorite.

Dillan Murphy

I am going to be getting a rope, I've heard the like to get out of the tank. My question is I have a space on both sides of my filter that are a 3 in x 1 in, could the rope fish be able to get through those holes? Also what do yall recommend for locks for my aquarium top?

Ghelfaire

Yes. I've heard stories from people who found their ropes in their hob/canister filters.

tapwater

They could definitely get through that tbh, from what I know they are very much escape artists and like wriggling into any hiding spot they can find.
Also, I don't have any recommendations for aquarium locks since I didn't know that was a thing, but maybe try using some masking tape to hold it down?

Latest threads

Top Bottom