Rope Fish/reedfish

jay3
Hello everyone
So I spotted a lovely fish at a pet store about 6 months ago. The rope fish.
I have been trying to do as much online research as possible, and I was wondering if you know anything about them?
I’d like to get lots of facts and opinions before I consider having one in the future.
Thanks!

WanderingYakisoba
I have never personally kept one, but they are well known escape artists and jumpers.

jay3
I wish there was a dwarf version

Berridge
Have had them two different times. The first one wrapped itself around the filter within the first week and died. The second time I got one it escaped my covered tank within a day and my cat got it ☹️. So I have given up on them

jay3
Have had them two different times. The first one wrapped itself around the filter within the first week and died. The second time I got one it escaped my covered tank within a day and my cat got it ☹️. So I have given up on them

Yes I think they might be a little too difficult for me. I’m very sorry about yours

BichirKeeper84
Great fish. Most are wild caught if not all of them. Very commonly come in with infections or fungus. Make sure they've been at your lfs for a week or two before purchase. They typically do very well with frozen or live worms as their diet. Sine will take to pellets but some will not. Definitely one of the best escape artists in all of aquaria. Tank needs to be covered and all small gaps sealed. I use duct tape. They do best on groups of at least 3 and will eat small fish.

All that being said they are some of my favorite fish

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
cdwag29
Replies
Views
BichirKeeper84
Replies
Views
75 Gallon
Replies