Root tabs: API & Seachem Flourish

adive

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi all,

Seems like an LFS will be able to get me API root tabs. Anyone with experience using them? Mine is a low tech, low light tank with no CO2 injection, no liquid carbon dosing. "Root plants" include: amazon sword, banana, green crypt wendtii, ozelot sword. Have people experienced water clouding issues with these tabs or any other issues to watch out for?

I am not sure if they can get Seachem Flourish root tabs right away but I will ask at a few places but anyways a few months down the line I can definitely get them.

I know people recommend osmocote tabs in capsules (?) but that too I can get only after a few months, not right away.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

pprocyg

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I just picked up the API tabs about a month ago and so far they are working well. I only need it for one sword so I break the tab into pieces to make them last. My sword was not growing at all and now the leaves are the 3-4 inches long.

adive

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Do you have Co2 injection or dose liquid carbon (excel)? Thanks.

Jim

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What I notice with Seachem Root Tabs is that you will get a grey fog in water if you do not push them deep enough into the soil.

adive

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Jim, yes I've read that too. From what I read, it seems Seachem are more wholesome & balanced. I would rather go with them but availability could be a problem. API may be more readily available.

Thanks everyone!

_Fried_Bettas_

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I suggest you save some money and buy these:

You should also be able to find them at your local nursery.

I use them in a high light / CO2 injected tank with plain sand and my swords and crypts thrive. I've never had any problem with contamination of the water supply. I also use them in low light and any number of other tanks that are planted.

adive

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I asked about API and Seachem because other products from those brands such as Leaf Zone liq fertilizer are available in my country, so high possibility that the fert tabs are too. I know about osmocotes but I didnt ask about them as they arent available. I will be asking my friends/relatives to get them for me from the US but thats many months away. Thx!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom