Root tabs and water change

Discussion in 'Plant Fertilizers' started by Ap05, Aug 2, 2014.

1. A

Ap05 Well Known Member Member

Quick question everyone. About to do my weekly wc and wondered about root tabs. Do they need replacing after water changes at all or are they fine? Thanks

2. A

AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

I insert tabs every 1.5-2 months. Depends on the tabs or capsules you are using. But not weekly.

3. OP
    OP
    A

Ap05 Well Known Member Member

I'm using RuTabs from Peabody paradise and osmocote. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna get all the nutrients out.

4. A

AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Only way you will get the nutrients out is if you do substrate vacs which you do not want to do. I just hover the vac over the substrate to pickup any debris sitting on top.

5. A

AngelZee Valued Member Member

You do need to replace them according to the time it takes for them to fully dissolve,
    Check the package in which they came in, it should say how often if reccomended.

Or you can check yourself by uprooting a plant and checking if the tab remains.
    By the way, I highly recommend homemade DIY Root Tabs.

I have made them before and currently use them, they are cheaper and get the job done.
    All you need is some capsules, and Plant Fertilizers such as Osmocote Plus.
    Fill up the capsules and place under substrate. Very cheap and you can make many for under $20

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice