Root Tab Questions

axel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
supersqueak10 said:
I use Flourish root tabs and I add them every 6 months to my tank. I’ve been doing it this way for about 3 years and it’s worked well for me.
woah that long? I did break the tablet into pieces and scatter it through the sand

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I usually just bury mine near the plants. No need to break them up...I let it decompose naturally.

axel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Fashooga said:
I usually just bury mine near the plants. No need to break them up...I let it decompose naturally.
1 tablet for each plant? and add new one every 6 months?

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
axel said:
1 tablet for each plant? and add new one every 6 months?
I placed them in between plants, so if you have like 5 plants in one area, I probably would place it some where central where all can get it.

Also if the roots are long, they'll (the roots) will eventually find them.

axel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
okay but how long should i wait before adding new one? 3 months?

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah you might get away every three months, but it depends on how many plants you have. If you have quite a bit of plants like 5-6 of them all gathered in an area that root tab might not last a month...

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Depends on the plants, I put two between 2 swords and they last maybe a month, more likely 3 weeks. Other plants that arent as heavy dont need root tabs except every 2 months or so. I've hit a buried root tab with a new one before. They kind of just exist until eaten or you disturb the substrate so overdoing them isnt very likely to happen on accident. Your plants will tell you. Swords will literally look like they refuse to grow when they run out. Other things will dramatically slow down.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom