Rodi Water

1. shiv234

shiv234 Well Known Member Member

is this really necessary for clown fish

2. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

For topoff water or for mixing with artificial salt for water changes? Just because they're "Cheap" fish doesn't mean you can neglect them by not giving them good water conditions. Also, what type of tank? Fish only? Soft corals? Anemones? Most people tend to buy clowns, then get them an anemone and ignore that anemones are actually pretty demanding as far as water quality, lighting, etc.

3. OP
    OP
    shiv234

well i am not starting i as yet..just wanted to know because i love when my fish thrive and not simply survive....so does this mean i will need to get a rodi system

4. TwoHedWlf

I'd say yes, it's pretty much basic equipment for a marine tank.

5. OP
    OP
    shiv234

ok....2 more question. Is there a way to DIY a RODI system or no and can bb just be transferred from fw to sw

6. TwoHedWlf

DIY? Well...Yes, if you mean buy and plumb the RO membrane and DI together. You can buy all the parts separately and assemble them.

No, the bacteria in FW will die when exposed to saltwater.

7. KristaD

KristaD Valued Member Member

Depending on the size of your tank, you can get RO/DI water at Walmart. In my city it's 37 cents a gal as refills. I have a 29 gallon and I change 5 gallons water a week (prob overkill) and top off once. Since I do not have room for a RO/DI system under my sink, this has been my solution.

8. Nart

Nart Well Known Member Member

Every tap water and even RO or RODI water sold in stores are different. If you decide to buy RODI water, also buy yourself a hand held TDS meter to make sure the water purchased reads 0 before you use.

9. KristaD

KristaD Valued Member Member

Excellent point!

10. OP
    OP
    shiv234

i
    don't have a wallmart