Rocks...

1. ToddHendrix Member Member

Hey guys i know ive already posted once today but i wanted to ask a quick question. I have 2 pieces of florida limestone that were in my back yard that have lots of big holes and i thought it would look great in my aquarium. The problem is..i already have a 7.8 ph....what should i do? Skip adding them or is there a way i can keep them in a bucket or bleach them? Thanks guys.

2. cichlidman Well Known Member Member

they will raise ph. But if you dont mind rinse them with warm water and a light scrub with a brush and toss em in

3. ToddHendrix Member Member

Awesme. Would getting api ph down be a good idea?

4. joiakimfish Member Member

Wouldn't recommend it if you have fish it could stress them out and possibly kill them if used improperly unless you know how to ... You could get some nice pieces of driftwood to help lower it

5. ToddHendrix Member Member

I havent heard of that i think ill try it...
    EDIT: Wait so no rock or no ph down? Or niether?

6. musserump09 Well Known Member Member

to chime in on rocks...Lava rocks for freshwater out of the question? I have real ones

7. joiakimfish Member Member

https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/showthread.php?t=226719

I had a similar situation here's the link to my thread ..u can ask the members who helped me

Actually ur one of the ppl that helped me lol but what I would do is get the driftwood first since ur ph is allready borderline 8 dropping it slowly at first would be optimal and when it stables out and your fish adjust you could add the rock .

8. ToddHendrix Member Member

Oh yea! I forgot about that haha. Thanks!