Rocks To Balance Out Driftwood?

oodelally

I’m almost done cycling my tank, it’s taking a lot longer than I’d hoped because the ph keeps dropping and stalling my tank. My old tank had a ph of 8 because of the type of gravel I used and it had no driftwood. Now I have a small piece of driftwood and different substrate and the ph keeps lowering to dangerous levels that could kill my bb and doesn’t work for the fish, snails, and shrimp that will be going in there. I’d rather not take it out since it’s already has plants on it. Is there any rocks that can go in that would naturally raise the ph to balance out the driftwood? I don’t want to use crushed coral because you have to add more latter, and I want the ph to be stable.

I figure since whatever the rocks were in the gravel I used raised the ph, there should be some kind of decorative rock I can put in that will help. I’ve been thinking about just getting the gravel again but it would clash with what I have.

AquaticJ

It’s likely just the cycle causing the PH to lower, it happens. The PH may lower slightly from driftwood, but the major lowering is from the cycling. Which will stop happening eventually.

oodelally

It’s likely just the cycle causing the PH to lower, it happens. The PH may lower slightly from driftwood, but the major lowering is from the cycling. Which will stop happening eventually.

Is there a way to balance it out before they fish go in so they don’t stress out?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
aussieJJDude
  • PeterFishKeepin
  • pH
Replies
Views
PeterFishKeepin
  • Question
  • tuggythetugboat
  • pH