Rock Fell On Fish From Digging

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Jhurst, Apr 20, 2018.

1. JhurstNew MemberMember

A rock fell on my chewere, i found him under there, now he isnt swimming very well and lays on the sand. Is there any chance he will heal, or anyway i could help him? Or would it be better to put him out of his misery..? Thank you

Attached Files:

2. FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

Poor guy...I would actually QT him and rehab him back. Clean water will promote healthy recovery. If he's moving his fins and seems to be swimming perhaps he's just a little shocked.

3. JhurstNew MemberMember

Problem is i dont have a QT tank set up yet because im unsure where to put it, should i get a breeding net to atleast keep the others from getting to him? Its seems he is slowly starting to swim a little more but for the most part he just lays on the bottom sometimes falling to his side. He was my favorite

4. 2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

I had one do that. That’s why I got 2 BIG thick rocks that sit right on the glass bottom. They can’t dig under it anymore but my loaches sure try.

5. JhurstNew MemberMember

Did you lose him?

6. 2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

No, he just got pinned. I did have to dig him out though.

7. JhurstNew MemberMember

Thats what i had to do, did he act funny afterwards?

8. 2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

No. It was a “light” rock that was stacked up. He dug his way under it and it just kinda settled on him. It was a ropefish too so he’s more snakey then the average fish. I learnt my lesson though.

I would at least try and get him separated either in a net or another tank (I know you don’t have one) and turn the lights off, just to let him relax. I just lost my little corrie today cause I sucked him up the siphon. He was acting off so I didn’t think he was going to survive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice