Ro Vs Rodi Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Fredbetta86, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Fredbetta86

Fredbetta86 Well Known Member Member

Hey Everyone,

The tap water where I live is very hard and has high chloramines and very high TDS. When I do water changes I add a little bit of RO water to dilute it and also make it a little softer. The thing is the place I usually get my RO water system is out of service so I'm wondering if I used a little RODI instead if it's going to make a big difference?

2. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

RODI is going to be even purer than RO. But an RO filter will get something like 90% of the TDS out of the water, DI something like 90% of the remaining.

For your use, it's not very demanding. So they're effectively interchangeable.

3. OP
    OP
    Fredbetta86

So you think I'm ok using a little DI instead of RO? It won't have any different effect or anything?

4. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

Assuming you mean RO/DI and not just DI, then yes.

You'd never really want to use just DI when filtering because your DI resin would be exhausted very quickly. It would be a waste of money.

5. OP
    OP
    Fredbetta86

Yeah sorry I mean RODI. Thank you for the info. Usually my RO is around 7 or 8 TDS and RO/DI is around 0 or 0.5

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice