RJ making himself at home

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sounds suspiciously like what Marty JR is putting me through right now....do you suppose it is in the water???

Rose

Enjoy him Natalie, you certainly deserve the stinker!

If he wasn't healthy he wouldn't be giving you such a time so let us count our blessings.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hehehe RJ sounds exactly like Dorado. Took a while to convince him pellets were good, but he sure loves those catfish wafers. Just be glad you only have Otos, so you can feed them veggies instead. Of course I would put Cories with my Betta, and they won't eat veggies, so I HAVE to feed wafers....grrrrrrr. I've never seen such a fat Betta in my life... :
Have fun with RJ, sounds like he's won you over already. ;D

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm glad that your are having so much fun with RJ. He is definately a stinker though.

CherryRose

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
0morrokh said:
Hehehe RJ sounds exactly like Dorado. Took a while to convince him pellets were good, but he sure loves those catfish wafers. Just be glad you only have Otos, so you can feed them veggies instead. Of course I would put Cories with my Betta, and they won't eat veggies, so I HAVE to feed wafers....grrrrrrr. I've never seen such a fat Betta in my life... :
Have fun with RJ, sounds like he's won you over already. ;D
We might get Otos for our Bettas since they just got too much into the wafers.. even Sora (who has refused anything but bloodworms & peas) has developed a love of the algae wafers and we had to (at least temporarily) let a friend keep our corys in her tank.

Do you think Bettas like RJ learn to be stinkers from watching us or do we learn to be stinkers from watching them?

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
chickadee said:
Sounds suspiciously like what Marty JR is putting me through right now....do you suppose it is in the water???

Rose

Enjoy him Natalie, you certainly deserve the stinker!

If he wasn't healthy he wouldn't be giving you such a time so let us count our blessings.
To be honest Rose I think that the people that run Miami Aquariums have a such a strong love for the Betta's they raise that they treat them like princes and princesses and then when they are given to their new owners they are adjusting to a whole new way of life and even though are still getting pampered it's in a much different way then what they are used to. So, I think that's why Marty Jr. and RJ are giving us such a hard time because they don't want to change their ways. He is coming around though and is realizing that I am his new Betta mommy and he needs to comply with what I want him to do to keep him healthy.

His colors have changed considerably from when he first came. Before he was pretty much all purple with maybe a tint of red on his rays, but now the tips going half way up his rays are red. He look so much like Royell now, it's scary. He has Royells vibrant attitude too, though he is more of a stinker then Royell was. Royell pretty much ate anything I gave him and I pretty much had to train RJ to eat what I want him to eat.

I think my husband is starting to take a liking to him now too. The last 2 days he's been playing with him. So, maybe down the road once we sell our Condo and get a house ( which hopefully will be within the year, putting it up on the market at the end of the month) he'll let me get another Betta. Well really whether he let's me or not doesn't really matter. If I have the extra space which I will when we get the house we want I will be getting another one. He'll just have to deal, but by then I think he'll be pretty attached to RJ, so I don't think he'll mind. I just have to work him a little. Natalie

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
LOL.. the way RJ is working on him, you might not only get another Betta for yourself, but he might end up with his own.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Can you see the difference in the health of their bettas? Javier's wife takes care of them herself and she is such a gentle person that she really almost wants to know your life story before she sends them to you (not seriously, but they do REALLY care about their customers and their fish).

I talk to them at least once a week and sometimes they call just to see how I am. Very nice people. Very nice Bettas.

Rose

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
chickadee said:
Can you see the difference in the health of their bettas? Javier's wife takes care of them herself and she is such a gentle person that she really almost wants to know your life story before she sends them to you (not seriously, but they do REALLY care about their customers and their fish).

I talk to them at least once a week and sometimes they call just to see how I am. Very nice people. Very nice Bettas.

Rose
They sound like it. I hope we can be like that when/if we get to start a Betta shop one day. It's great to find people selling Bettas who care about them with all these places that couldn't care less.

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah I can definitely see a difference in health. He is also very social. Not afraid of us at all. He ate right from my finger the one time because I was having trouble getting it off my finger and he came right up and snatched from me. He scared the **** out of me. LOL I didn't expect him to do that. Javier and his wife are very nice people to deal with and I will definitely buy from them from now on. Natalie

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom