Rising Temp

Peterpiper

Well it looks like summer is here, todays temp 39c (102f) yesterday we had a 37c. now the temp in our tank is going up slowly. We have set up a makeshift heat exchanger, we have a power head with 5' of tube, a tub with chilled water and some ice. The power head is located in the tank, the tube from the power head is coiled in the chilled water, and returned to the tank at the filter intake to mix the water. Does anyone use a chiller? If so, what type. Anyone had problems with chillers?
Thanks Pete

agsansoo

I gets hot here in SoCal in the summer too. I don't use a chiller. I just use room AC and fans. The problem I have with chillers are, pricey and costly to run (electric bill). Second, they heat up the room they're in unless you vent their exhaust.

Mike

I'm using the mini-arctica chiller on the 28 gallon nanocube. I like it, but it is pricey to buy and run. I've only had 1 issue with it when it was stuck on cooling for several hours even though it should have kicked off according to the tank thermometer. I just had to move the thermostat a little and it's been working fine. I watch it like a hawk now though.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GreenT
  • Question
Replies
Views
JoshMerk
Replies
Views
Cichlidude
Replies