Rise in tempreture.

jasejinx

Reaction score
I have a 30 gallon fish tank and the last 2 days the tempreture has gone from a stable 24 degrees that it has been since we have bought it about a month ago to somewhere near 29 degrees. I have never moved the heater and certainly not turned it up in any way so was just wondering is there any other reason for this?

Tumbleweed

Well Known
Reaction score
Temperature rise in the house can cause this. The warmer my house is the warmer my tank gets. "to a point" It is also possible theat the thermostat in your heater failed and it turns on now and doesn't shut off when it reaches a certain temp.

OP
J

jasejinx

Reaction score
I thought that the rise in the house tempreture could have caused this but I didn't think it would raise it that much. I have got a spare heater that I have bouhgt and am now using that so I may try the original heater when I can get the tempreture at a steady level again. How long would the fish survive if this accident went unnoticed.

Tumbleweed

Well Known
Reaction score
The problem that you run into is not the temperature it self per say, but with the warmer the water gets the less oxygen there is in the water. With good circulation and agitation in your tank the fish will be fine. During the heat wave we had in CalI this summer my tanks at one point got up to 95 F for almost a week. The outside temp was 115, and all my fish made it and are still going.

New Threads