RIP Tiny Tim :(

1. SIRHC Member Member

This afternoon I lost a good friend of mine Tiny Tim. Back in December after I went to the local fish store and picked up 4 African dwarf frogs. As the employee was catching the frogs I saw this real tiny one and I asked if they could catch him for me.

The frogs settled into their new home and all were happy. Tim went into hiding under my plants for the first two months, he seemed really shy and wouldn't socialize with the other frogs.

After a few months I became worried about his size as he was still pretty much well the same size, while the other 3 were growing very nicely. At this time I panicked and did a tonne of research to see if it was a disease. That only confused me even further but at this time Tim became more sociable and I would see him out and about all the time.

Allthough he was very tiny, I would constantly see him eating the left overs of food as he slowly moved around. All this made me feel confident that he was just a little runt and was slowly making progress.

One of the pics I included shows my favorite moment with Tim. It was right around the time he was really starting to pull through and I was watching him crawl along the sand. He walked up to my center piece and leaned against it and stretched as long as he could ( I felt like a proud father, like he just hit a little league home run :) )

Anyways fast forward to today and when the lights turned on I could see a white spot in my black sand. My heart sank immediately, there was Tiny Tim laying on his back unresponsive. I have since took him out and took a few pics and inspected his body, nothing of concern to note.

Rip Tiny Tim :(

Attached Files:

2. Gordinian Well Known Member Member

Welcome to fishlore!

I'm so sorry :( He was probably kept in too small of a tank, became stunted, and was returned to the pet store, when you bought him. You probably didn't do anything wrong, so don't feel hard on yourself!

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I'm so sorry you lost Tiny Tim.
    He had a great home with you for his short life.

I agree, if he was that skinny he was probably already sick when you got him.

4. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's obvious that Tiny Tim had a better life with you than he could've with anyone else.

5. Borisbbadd Guest

Sorry you lost him....:(

6. SIRHC Member Member

Thank you guys, was hard losing him but I'm proud of the lil guy. He came a such long way in such a short time. I'll never forget the day he came out of hiding and did his lil victory lap for me.