RIP Randy

1. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

RIP to my little guppy baby Randy. He was from my very first spawn (which came as a complete surprise to me). He was my only male (but I think that another new baby is going to be male, so will keep my fingers crossed). He got his name because from the minute he was big enough to be released to the tank, he tried it on with the females already there. As I wanted him to grow up first and not put his energy into mating, I moved him to my other community tank where he grew up thinking he was a danio, schooling with them, chasing them etc.
    I came home on Sunday and couldn't find him anywhere. I knew he had not been eaten as he got on very well with tankmates, and he was too big to fit in any mouths... So I had a problem with my filter in the other tank he was born in and have lost a few neons sucked into the back, and my first thought was to check there. Sure enough, I saw a little white head and 2 little eyes staring lifelessly out. He had got stuck and sucked partly in and obviously couldn't get back out. This was a surprise as he had been in the tank over a month and never really been near the filter. I was upset even though he is only a guppy, but he was my first little fry and a lovely litle orange male, to be used for breeding. In fact, he was to be put in to breed on Monday, so he only just missed out.
    Since then, I have made all my filters fish proof with various spongey things and got myself a new male, Tigger, with an orange/blue tail and a pink/purple/yellow/green/orange body too.
    Take care little Randy, and please stop pestering the tetras I lost (now in fishy heaven too), they're not interested!!!! :'(

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I'm so sorry you lost him. :(
    RIP Randy

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I'm so sorry you lost Randy:(. RIP little betta boy.

4. GoGreen Well Known Member Member

Poor little baby! I am sorry that you lost him.:(

5. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

rest in peace, little guppy.