RIP little buddy!

Discussion in 'Fish Memorials' started by critter_fritter79, Mar 26, 2010.

1. critter_fritter79

critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

I got up this morning to find the bigger of my 2 oscars had died during the night. There were no signs of illness, and I checked the water with my API this morning..water parameters were very good. I did a 25% wc yesterday, but did the same wc on all my babies so I can't see how that had anything to do with it...the one that is left is absolutely heartbroken! I hate it when I lose one of my babies like this! The only thing I can think of is I had a friend put some feeder goldfish in with them while I was out of town 4 days ago...I wonder if they were carrying some infection?? If I had just been here, I could have told her that while I do feed them the feeder goldfish as a treat every once in a while, I always qt them in a 10 gallon for 4 weeks first! I have made many mistakes over the years, but even as a newbie I could see that those feeders weren't the healthiest...I am so sorry I wasn't here baby!

2. m

mcurtissdsu Well Known Member Member

Awww....so sorry to hear about your loss :( I lost a little friend on Monday :'( RIP little guys...

3. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:( I'm sorry for your loss.

4. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

If other fish also ate the feeders and appear fine, that might exclude your theory.... and thus, your self-blame. Please don't be hard on yourself. Sometimes these things just happen and we can't control it. I'm so sorry for your loss. :console:

5. OP
    OP
    critter_fritter79

I did notice when I took him out of the tank that instead of brown poo getting ready to come out it was black...don't know if that says anything or not...

6. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I'm so sorry you lost one of your oscars, Critter:( They're an incredible fish for sure.

If my memory serves me correctly, they were rescues. It may have been from his water conditions before you brought them home.

RIP little oscar.

7. OP
    OP
    critter_fritter79

they were rescuees, but have had them almost a year now...it looks like the little one still alive is very depressed...I can't get it to eat anything...I have been very busy moving tanks around today. I moved the living oscar to the 55 by itself...I thought maybe new surroundings would help! It/she does seem much more active now that the move is over and is checking everything out..I have my fingers crossed that she will eat soon!!!

8. konstargirl

konstargirl Well Known Member Member

Sorry to hear about the oscars. What size tank wass the other oscar in before you moved it to the 55 gallon?

9. G

GoGreen Well Known Member Member

So sorry about you oscar.:(
    I sure hope the other one pulls through.

10. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

Critter, I'm sorry you lost your Oscars.....It's always difficult when you don't know why......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice