Rip Flower.. But Will Need Help.

juanortez

Came home today to find my mommy fish dead. I was suspecting she wasn't in good health because she was starting to be inactive recently. She has babies but I only saw one and that baby has since disappeared. It was probably half inch big already. I feel bad. But I want to make sure she didn't die because of sickness and will update tomorrow with pictures so someone can help me out if she was sick and it can infect other fish.

NavigatorBlack

Give us tank size when you post again, fish species and how often you change water. It's necessary info if anyone can help.

juanortez

30 gal. Gold dust molly, and about 30% every week. She's been in the 30 gal for about 2 months after I finally got to upgrade from the 10 gal.

NavigatorBlack

On the surface, it sounds like "one of those things". Sometimes, after a drop, a female livebearer will die, sadly enough. You have no symptoms to go on, a decent sized tank and a good regime.
She may have cannibalized her fry, which would be odd in a tank that size. It is possible she had a physical problem as well - one fry that didn't survive is not normal for a molly.

juanortez

b6b73977f38c86e48766a2ce16d7495e.jpg

That's the last thing I noticed about her. She has something under her mouth.

What do you mean by one fry that didn't survive isn't normal

Apisto88

What are your parameters?

juanortez

I don't know, I don't have a test kit.

juanortez

e0ad1971db6787990da30962672d2945.jpg

Another fish died. He was at the top yesterday but no signs of stress and when I came back today I saw him in the bottom and was pineconed. When I picked him up, he was heavy at the stomach..

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AggressiveAquatics
Replies
Views
TClare
  • bristoltonya
  • Cichlid
Replies
Views
idk