RIP Firefly

1. JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

So I came home from doing my grocery shopping and found Firefly on the floor rushed over and picked him up and put him back in tank and no such luck he just floated to the bottom and did not move or start breathing again( still trying to figure out how he got out seeing the only gap I have is in the back of the tank and it has a piece of net over it so my shrimp do not get out ) the only thing I can think happened was my boyfriend left the feeding door open and Firefly has jumped out before during feeding time.So I just hoping Sapphires my female will be okay without her mate I plan on getting another guppy male next week but I do not want her to stress seeing she is about to give birth soon hopefully by thid weekend or early next week.

2. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Sorry you lost your fish, they can be amazing excape artists when they want to be. The female should be fine without the male, guppies don't really pair up, and do better with 3 females to a male when kept together, so the male doesn't pester one female too much and stress her out. What did you plan to do with the fry? If you are raising any, you could keep one of those males.

3. JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

I do plan on raising them I hope one of them has the same markings as Firefly did but than again Sapphires makings are nice too. I was planning on getting another female so I guess next week I will or maybe I will wait and see what fry I get :)

4. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

It will take a few months before the fry will be coloring up and you will be able to sex them, I currentlly have about 35 fry from 4 batches, I can't wait to see what we get, I am trying to breed some pretty males, since the stores near me haven't had any males with fancy patterns in almost a year. I did get some females with beaustiful tales though.

5. JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

I will be happy just to get some nice colors male or female I just hope I can get her in the box in time I put a breeder mop in today just to be on the safe side my ghost shrimp had her babies last night I have them now in a breeder net they are so tiny and cute :)

6. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

That stinks. I'm really sorry :(

7. JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

Thank you I miss him but I get to see his babies soon hopefully