Rip Dozer The Queen Cory Of The Office.

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by Td644, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Td644

Td644Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +24
    Experience:
    3 years
    So when I got into work today I went over to the 30g office tank to feed like I normally do and I noticed right away something was wrong with my big female Panda Cory she seemed to be having trouble swimming and wasn't being as active as she usually is when I come in in the morning so I decided to keep and eye on her by noon she was lying on her side I thought she was gone but she was still breathing, I quickly concluded she was going to die and lacking the means to euthanize her on hand I let nature take its course, she was gone in under 10 minutes and because people will ask yes I checked her body briefly and she seemed fine no obvious signs of disease or injury no photo's sadly I didn't have time seeing as I had to get back to work I also didn't keep her body as I had no where to keep it so I can't do a more thorough inspection, it's a bit of a head scratcher everything else in the tank is fine I haven't added anything since Booth and Oswald the assassin snails in December I did a 20% water change on Friday did the readings after she passed. Ammonia - 0 Nitrites - 0 Nitrates - 10 PH- 7.5. Nitrates never get very high because of the plants. Stock was 5 now 4 Panda Corys, 6 Green Neons, 6 Black Neons, 6 Harlequin Rasbora, 3 Assassin Snails and what's left of the infestation of pest snails.
    Edit: Temp is 75F which is my high end for the corys and the low end for the black neons I know that some people won't keep corys above 73F but in my experience and those I learned from 75F is fine.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  2. IceForever

IceForeverValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +96
    Experience:
    1 year
    My cories are perfectly happy in my tank at 76-78F? Lol

Sorry about your loss though. Glad everyone else seems to be doing ok?

3. OP
    OP
    Td644

Td644Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +24
    Experience:
    3 years
    My working theory is she may have been old or very inbred. I got them from a breeder I found online who had good reviews a little over a year and a half ago, I know the four still alive were from the same batch as they weren't fully grown and the same size but she was an adult big for a Panda I measured her after I took her out she was a hair over 2 inches. She might even have been their mom for all I know. Honestly I wouldn't put it past that breeder to pad out the order with an older female seeing as they came in so malnourished and sick that I lost one and had to fight to keep the other five alive.