75 Gallon Tank Reviews of Ultralife blue green slime stain remover

Does Ultralife blue green slime stain remover work?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sb092

I am experiencing a slight blue-green algae outbreak. I know from research that it’s not algae by some kind of cyno bacteria. I came across two products in my research: mardel maracyn (i believe it is a type of erythromycin) and ultralife blue green slime stain remover (supposed to be a more natural product without medicines). Many reviews were very positive. I am wondering if anyone has used this product and with what outcomes?
I added photos of the blue green algae….

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 12

JeremyW

I have successfully used this product with no ill effects.

I have used it in tanks with cherry shrimps, with no problem. I have also used it tanks with both jungle vallisneria and corkscrew vallisneria, which are known to be sensitive to other treatments like hydrogen peroxide, and I had no problems.

The times I have used it, I needed to give the second dose before there was an improvement. Within a week of the first dose, there was no sign of cyano in my tank.

Make sure you have good aeration, as this product can reduce oxygen levels. Also you will need to address the underlying causes. For me, low nitrates and low flow seem to be contributing factors for cyano.

Sb092

I have successfully used this product with no ill effects.

I have used it in tanks with cherry shrimps, with no problem. I have also used it tanks with both jungle vallisneria and corkscrew vallisneria, which are known to be sensitive to other treatments like hydrogen peroxide, and I had no problems.

The times I have used it, I needed to give the second dose before there was an improvement. Within a week of the first dose, there was no sign of cyano in my tank.

Make sure you have good aeration, as this product can reduce oxygen levels. Also you will need to address the underlying causes. For me, low nitrates and low flow seem to be contributing factors for cyano.
Thank you for the reply. Since you have experience with this product, I have a question about the aeration. I am currently running a fluval fx6 and there is a decoration I have with an air stone (its an underwater river). Will this provide enough air?
currently I have no fish in the tank, only amano shrimp and 2 snails.

JeremyW

Is this the 75 gallon tank in your profile?

The FX6 filter is rated for up to 400 gallon tanks. So you have plenty of water flow, an air stone running, and a low stocking level. I can't make any guarantees, but I would personally feel safe dosing ultralife with that setup.

mattgirl

I have used and do recommend this product. It worked well for me and had no adverse affect on fish, plants or bacteria. It simply eradicated the cyanobacteria. I followed the directions. The first dose seemed to have removed the BGA but I added the second dose as recommended.

Sb092

I am also happy to say it seems to have worked for me as well. This product also works on brown algae (which isn’t really algae either, some sort of cousin of BGA i guess). I put the first dose in on Friday… today I did add second dose. It seems to be working.

4D62F4C1-D9E0-4871-A5A7-B5B30F288221.jpeg
865193AA-00CF-438F-9F74-3917851BC197.jpeg
These plants had some brown algae and it seems to have helped that too…..I had begun to think they were so filled with brown algae and they would be unable to photosynthesize and possibly die. They look healthier than ever!
951860B9-F069-4A7B-A023-0D68C626FA7E.jpeg

mattgirl

I am so glad it worked as well for you as it did for me.

I would love to see a full photo of this tank. The lake is genius.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• airdog44
  • Algae
Replies
Views
TClare
  • Question
  • KTshrimp
  • Algae
Replies
Views
Chewbacca773