Review on my LPS.

FishPlanet

This is a review on my LPS. Whenever you enter the store, you just want to buy all the fish there. I'll start with the bettas. The bettas live in small tiny cups. Their water is usually so dirty. Their lives usually end in those cups. My LPS also had two full sized Oscars in a 15 gallon tank. The platies tank is so sad. There are very few platies that are actually healthy. The rest have fin rot, Ich, arched backs and sunken belly's, etc. They never take the dead fish out of the tanks. The only time I saw them doing "water changes", they only dumped a bucket of water in the tanks. The goldfish tanks are sad too. Like half of the goldfish are usually dead. They also had a 20 inch pleco in a tank too small for him, that he had to curl his tail. They also once had 2 koi fish in a 15 gallon tank. They were huge! The list on my LPS goes on and on. NearMeBettas You know what I mean.

Natalie666

My LPS that ends with a -co isn’t awesome with its fish either-the selection of bettas and the saltwater is good, employees are pretty knowledgeable and do the best they can, but in the end it’s hard for them to keep the fish healthy. If you come after they get new shipments then there’s amazing choices. A week later everything’s dead in the tank.

Upvote 0

FishPlanet

The employees at my LPS say they quarantine any fish that are sick, and they take dead fish out and so on. Does not look like it.

Upvote 0

pagoda

Not sure where you are situated, am guessing the US.

Take a read of this link. It gives you all the information you need to know about pet store licencing and how to find out if your area/State has legislation regarding the standard of care of pets...including fish...within a store.

It might give you some pointers as to who you can formally complain to and have your local stores inspected and their standards of care dealt with appropriately by the authorities.

https://www.animallaw.info/intro/sale-pets-retail-pet-stores

Upvote 0

NearMeBettas

Ya, are LPS is terrible. It is the only pet shop in the town where I live. I no longer shop there and buy my supplies online instead. All you do when you shop at places like that is support there bad behavior.

Upvote 0

Jesterrace

LPS? Generally the term I hear is LFS as it relates to the hobby.

Upvote 0

NearMeBettas

LPS? Generally the term I hear is LFS as it relates to the hobby.
LFS is local fish store and LPS is local pet store

Upvote 0

TClare

I assumed LPS was local pet shop as opposed to fish shop (or store)?

Those shops sound terrible, at least here although the shops are small and maybe don’t have much variety at any one time, but all the fish look healthy and well cared for.

Upvote 0

NearMeBettas

Those shops sound terrible, at least here although the shops are small and maybe don’t have much variety at any one time, but all the fish look healthy and well cared for.
Thats what it is lol but it apparently confuses some people?

Upvote 0

FishPlanet

LFS is what i meant.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
betta06
Replies
Views
mlydeen
Replies
Views