Since no one has really heard of it I just wanted to let you know my results. I have only tested in my new 3 gallon so far, that I just put up no more than a week ago. I set the tank up with tap water since there is a reading of 2.0 ammonia straight from the tap. I added in the required Start Smart (2.5 ml per gallon, or 4 oz per 50 gallon) and left it alone. The water got kind of cloudy but it has cleared up in the last day. I pretty much left the tank alone for the first few days, then 2 days ago I tested the water and came back with 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 5 ppm nitrate! :;banaman I have been feeding it a cupful of tap water (dechlorinated) every day since, and today I have 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 10 nitrate! So this stuff DEFINITELY works. So now when my new girl from MM gets here next week, she can go into the tank instead of putting her in a bowl until the tank cycles! I'm so excited about this stuff!!