Review of Start Smart (bio cycle product)

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by cajunfiberco, Mar 24, 2010.

1. cajunfiberco

cajunfiberco Well Known Member Member

Since no one has really heard of it I just wanted to let you know my results. I have only tested in my new 3 gallon so far, that I just put up no more than a week ago.

I set the tank up with tap water since there is a reading of 2.0 ammonia straight from the tap. I added in the required Start Smart (2.5 ml per gallon, or 4 oz per 50 gallon) and left it alone. The water got kind of cloudy but it has cleared up in the last day.

I pretty much left the tank alone for the first few days, then 2 days ago I tested the water and came back with 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 5 ppm nitrate! :;banaman

I have been feeding it a cupful of tap water (dechlorinated) every day since, and today I have 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 10 nitrate!

So this stuff DEFINITELY works. So now when my new girl from MM gets here next week, she can go into the tank instead of putting her in a bowl until the tank cycles! I'm so excited about this stuff!!

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Keep checking your water parameters to be sure.
    Of course we need pics of your new baby when it gets here.
    Carol

3. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Well Carol that goes without saying lol!!

Glad it worked for you cajun, will be looking forward to pics.

4. OP
    OP
    cajunfiberco

cajunfiberco Well Known Member Member

Oh I am definitely keeping an eye on it, I'm testing the water daily for ammonia, and the 2 N's

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice