Review my stocking list for my 60 gallon planted aquarium please! Help

1. katiemorrison94 Member Member

Hi everyone! I have a 60 gallon aquarium that I kept 2 fancy goldfish in for about 4 years. Sadly they both have died, and I am ready for something new! I want to have a tropical community with lots of plants!

Here is what I think I want. Please give me all the suggestions and advice that you can. Thanks!!

20 Cardinal Tetras
    10 Rummy nose Tetras
    2 German Blue Rams
    10 Panda Cories

I wanted a centerpiece fish, but I don't think I have the room for it with this list. What do y'all think? I don't have any fish yet, but I do have a few plants starting. The tank is already cycled and ready for fish!

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

What are the dimensions?

Panda cories aren't temp compatible with the GBRs, but you can swap them out for C. aeneus or C. sterbai. Otherwise, I think that looks good!

3. FallenOwl Well Known Member Member

IMO, that looks like a good stock.
    As a centerpiece fish, maybe 1 male or female pearl gourami?
    As long as you keep your temperature at 75-76F.

4. katiemorrison94 Member Member

My tank dimensions are 48 X 12 X 25 (L x W x H). I didn't know that panda cories aren't compatible with GBR. I love cories so I will take away the GBRs from my list. I don't know how I feel about a pearl gourami.

5. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

You can still have corys with the Gbr just not pandas, if you can find them then C.oiapiquensis aka flag tail panda would be good, they're very similar to pandas but can handle higher temps.
    Other options that would be easier to find would be sterbai or bronze.

6. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

You'd need it higher for the other fish, and even 75 F is the extreme low range for pearls.

Pearl gouramis are very peaceful and pretty fish, but you definitely don't have to add them!

7. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

You could switch the german blue rams out for bolivian rams as they are more temperature compatible and keep your pandas. You'd also have room for a larger cichlid like a bandit cichlid or a keyhole (or pair of keyholes perhaps). Festivums would also be an option if you aren't sure about gourami's. They look similar but are cichlids.

8. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I second keyholes! A very underrated species, but quite pretty and very peaceful!

9. katiemorrison94 Member Member

Thanks everyone!!

10. katiemorrison94 Member Member

What if I didnt have a center piece fish. Could i add another schooling fish? Something colorful! Suggestions?

11. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I wouldn't do more than 2 mid/top dwelling species, so I think you're full there.