Return to the tank!!!!

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will find some converters.

Kwig

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
There was advice somewhere that if your plants were suffering to cut back on water changes. I'm going to politely disagree with that. Doing weekly water changes of at LEAST 25% is beneficial to your fish, which are the priority. Supplementing with ferts doesn't have to be a complicated or expensive route. You are choosing low maintenance plants so throwing a dose of ferts once a week after a water change should be more than enough. IF you even need to. Another reason to keep your water changes regular is to keep your pH stable and replenish any minerals use by the fish and the plants.
I would not soften the water either. The pH at my house and at the fish store I work at are both 8.2 on average.

Other ideas for really cool albino or white fish. Kribensis come in a bright white, very beautiful. I would do no more than one. Albino bristlenose would be cool but it's going to put a big strain on your bioload. Ivory mystery snails. White skirt tetras.

sp4ngel

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
That's a nice size, so what did you decide on for stock?
Not 100% sure yet, definitely gonna go for a school of albino corys, defo some shrimp-probably amano, i might try a snail. Other fish though- i like the idea of honey gouramis or one krib/bolivian ram as a centrepiece the school though is hard, there are so many good options and i'll probably change my mind a million times before i set up.

Tank will be cleaned out over the next few days and equipment will be checked then too, i should be able to begin set up at the end of next week which will be exciting as it gives me something to do over half term that isn't revising!!

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Not 100% sure yet, definitely gonna go for a school of albino corys, defo some shrimp-probably amano, i might try a snail. Other fish though- i like the idea of honey gouramis or one krib/bolivian ram as a centrepiece the school though is hard, there are so many good options and i'll probably change my mind a million times before i set up.

Tank will be cleaned out over the next few days and equipment will be checked then too, i should be able to begin set up at the end of next week which will be exciting as it gives me something to do over half term that isn't revising!!
You have to wait 20-60 days until you can put fish in the tank safely. Are you going to do a fish less cycle?

sp4ngel

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You have to wait 20-60 days until you can put fish in the tank safely. Are you going to do a fish less cycle?
I know and yes I am this time, but when I did a fish-in cycle previously my tank cycled in 20 days. I don't even have the tank out yet, just looking and researching to get an idea of stock.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom