return pump question (newb)

firebird19_99

I have my sump going and all but my only problem now is that I get a lot of air bubbles coming out when the water goes back in and it clouds up my tank, am I missing something, could it be taking in air?

nemo addict

is the pump fullt submersed ??? waht pump are you using ??? is there enough flow into the sump to keep the return pump submersed ???

firebird19_99

its an external little giant pump... every things fine except for those air bubbles

nemo addict

is there a bubble trap in your sump between return and skimmer ???? or try cleaning pump

firebird19_99

yes their is, its ****ing me off bc I can barely see my fish

nemo addict

turn it off and remove pump make sure its clear then replace and try and see if that works you may just have some air trapped in there try purging or may have something from your sump stuck in there ,,, it can be annoying but that's the hobby for ya it drives ya mad mine does it evety night about 12-1 am waking me up and I have to switch off and rest but I will not have that problem by next week because I am moving tank and changing all the sump and pipe work so I can fit a larger tank in its place and having to build a new unit for it to stand on so my week off work is filled with stuff I should of done months ago now that's annoying

firebird19_99

lol good luck with that, I found out what it was, just an air leak. Its doing great now, just have to wait for those **** micro bubbles to go away now. Thanks

nemo addict

glad you sorted out and thanks its going to be a stressful week lol

Latest threads

Top Bottom