Resume rant

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've decided that trying to get into the ranks of the gainfully employed sucks.

It's not for the lack of jobs, there's still seems to be quite a few around in my area, so that's not the hard part.
No, no my issue is resumes. I HATE writing them up. It's not because I don't know how, I know the why's, how's, and all my friends bring their's to me for the formating and what not (I actually enjoy that part). No I just hate trying to write my own resume up. Trying to find legitamat examples of various things, or traits are hard!
A couple of the jobs are asking for requirements of things that I've done on my own but I don't really have any concrete proof that I've done them....

Sorry just kinda of a rant....

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I understand.
I've been in my job for 11 years - I would be at a loss on writing my own resume... when I was in college, I worked at our career services office as the resume person - helped people writes theirs, critiqued them, etc.

BunnyPuncher

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I agree with you that it stinks! I've been underemployed since moving to the states a few years ago (due to marriage) and trying to stay within my field. Doing the same thing you are now - working on resume/cover letters and hoping I don't end up a mall security guy (no offence to any mall cops out there! At least that job is fun imho)

Anybody need an overly educated, under employed, management lecturer who has a love of fish, cats and books? Will work for benefits & food! (Oh, and used aquariums!)

Edit: I have a short stint as a business owner of a now defunct company and have been putting my own name and number down as the contact in those web-forms that require an answer. Should get a good reference from that guy! Anyone know what the proper way to deal with self-employment is for that kind of thing?

Last edited:

ldbrown3138

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was laid off today. I don't relish the idea of writing a resume' at all. he bright spot, this may give me the opportunity to get over my teacher envy (summer's off). HAHA

BunnyPuncher

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I was laid off today. I don't relish the idea of writing a resume' at all. he bright spot, this may give me the opportunity to get over my teacher envy (summer's off). HAHA
Wow that bites. Take some time to enjoy yourself.

Now help me clip these coupons for groceries so we can afford fish until we get back in the race :;dogrun

blkdeath75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I am currently off work myself and I hear ya about the resume thing. I have worked blue collar all my life and drove a semi for the past 10 years or so. Now EVERYONE wants a resume....grrr. I know what to put on it also but come on....I drove a truck.....there ya go one page. I have changed companies so many times in the past for too many reasons to list it would take me an entire trees worth of paper to put em all down. Not many burned bridges mind you just upscaling/moving/ect... Now I sit and look 3 times a week in the paper and online to no avail. Not to mention gaps in employment....."Hey buddy...there are gaps because nobody will hire me without a RESUME"......lol.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom