Restocking 29g

1. kimberlyKeidron Member Member

I'm restocking my 29g, I previously had 2 angels and some Nerites in there. Unfortunately they never paired up and the male killed my female, so I decided to re-home him in the end and start fresh. Currently I have one male dwarf gourami, as I just couldn't resist and a couple Nerites

Thinking about adding:

6x Harlequin Rasboras
    6x Kuhli Loaches
    1x BN Pleco

Is there anything else I can add without over stocking? And would these guys be compatible?
    Also if there are any special requirements for any of them that would help too, like sand for the loaches, ect.

TIA, Kimberly.

2. FallenOwl Well Known Member Member

You could add 8-10 Neon tetras without overstocking
    Kuhlis prefer sand, but as long as as your gravel is smooth, they should be fine.
    BN pleco require some driftwood to aid their digestion.

3. maggie thecat Well Known Member Member

You could have six more schooling fish, either up the rasboras or get six long-bodied danios or tetras.

The pleco will appreciate driftwood as part of the decor and vegetables in its diet. It and the loaches will need sinking bottom feeder pellets, and a weekly frozen bloodworm dinner. (Actually, they all will.)

4. kimberlyKeidron Member Member

Okay, the temp is currently 78, will those (minus the neons) be okay with this temp?

5. maggie thecat Well Known Member Member

Double check the care sheets (go to the fish subforum and look for the stickies to verify the temperature ranges) but at a glance, you're a scoach too high for the pleco. There are plenty of tetras other than neons that won't mind mid 70's water.